Martha Sparks email@example.com
December 29, 2013
A Lorado man was caught with stolen items from two burglaries in the Cranco area on Dec. 27.
According to the criminal complaint, West Virginia State Troopers were investigating two burglaries when they located Danny Ray Williams, 22, driving down the road with some of the stolen items in his vehicle. The items were reportedly valued at more than $1,000.
Williams was taken to the WVSP Logan Detachment where he reportedly recorded a video statement stating that he had broken into the residences on Dec. 27. A check with WVSP Communications revealed that Williams had three active warrants in Logan County for violation of a DVP (Domestic Violence Petition), breaking and entering and domestic abuse.
When arraigned before Magistrate Dwight Williamson for the current charges of two counts of burglary and two counts of grand larceny, a hold was placed on Williams because he was already on bond.
If found guilty of the charges, Williams could receive 1-10 years per burglary charge; 1-10 years in jail and/or up to $2,500 fine per grand larceny charge; 1-10 years for the breaking and entering charge; up to one year and/or up to $500 fine for the domestic battery charge and from 24 hours to one year and a $250-$2,500 fine for the violation of the DVP.
In other Magistrate Court news:
• Michael Craig Ritchie, 30, was booked on Dec. 19 by the WVSP for harassing and disorderly conduct. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Jonathan Dwayne Bryant, 26, was booked on Dec. 20 by the WVSP for possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Tiffany Chae Weddington, 23, was booked on Dec. 21 by the Logan County Sheriff’s Dept. for obstructing, no insurance and registration violation. Her bail was set at $5,000.
• Leigha Ann Evans, 28, was booked on Dec. 24 by the Logan Police Dept. for possession of a controlled substance and shoplifting 3rd offense. Her bail was set at $3,000.
• Kolby Rell Hensley, 19, was booked on Dec. 25 by the Chapmanville Police Dept. for domestic battery and domestic assault 1st/2nd (by threats). His bail was set at $3,000.