A pharmacy employee was indicted after being accused of stealing prescription medication from the facility.
Nicholas Wayne Howard, 29, of Harrogate, Tenn., was indicted for theft by unlawful taking (controlled substance) under $10,000 and theft by unlawful taking under $10,000.
According to the indictment, Howard, who was an employee of Family Discount Drugs, took oxycodone and hydrocodone belonging to the business without permission. The prescription drugs were valued over $500.
He also took cash belonging to the store, which also valued over $500, the indictment said.
The investigating officers were Edward Dray, Joshua Pratt and Lt. Tom Busic, all of the Middlesboro Police Department.
In other court news, two people were indicted on burglary charges.
Lester Ray Godsey, 31, of Middlesboro, and Phillip Gray Jr., 27, of Fourmile, were indicted for first-degree burglary.
According to the indictment, Godsey and Gray entered the home of Larry Thacker Jr. and took a guitar, a Line 6 amp, a Toshiba laptop and a .38 mm Smith and Wesson pistol.
The alleged events took place in July 2013, according to the indictment.
Officers Anthony Veillon and Virgil Gilbert were the case officers.
Others indictments and charges included:
* Jodi Raschelle Davis, 27, of Middlesboro, three counts second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle;
* Amy Michelle Hensley, of Middlesboro, theft by unlawful taking over $500, leaving the scene of an accident/failure to render aid or assistance;
* Stacy M. McIntosh, of Middlesboro, first-degree possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia;
* Eugene Emanuel Hall, 45, of Middlesboro, first-degree trafficking a controlled substance;
* Paul Henry King Jr., 48, of Pineville, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a handgun by a convicted felon;
* Melvin L. Hale, 18, of Middlesboro, of Middlesboro, second-degree burglary, fourth-degree assault;
* Christy Danelle Saylor, 33, of Middlesboro, theft of identity of another without consent, fraudulent use of a credit card under $500 within six month period;
* Robert Harden Gordon, 44, of Middlesboro, theft by unlawful taking over $500, persistent felony offender;
* Jessica Logan, 31, of Barbourville, persistent felony offender;
* James Napier, 32, of Pineville, operating a motor vehicle under the influence, driving on DUI suspended license, failure of non-owner operator to maintain required insurance, failure to wear a seat belt, persistent felony offender;
* Jericho L. Blanton, 41, of Burnside, failure to wear a seat belt, no/expired registration plates, first-degree possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana;
* David Arnold Laws, 56, of Tazewell, Tenn., excessive window tinting, first-degree possession of a controlled substance, operating a motor vehicle under the influence, operating on suspended/revoked operator’s license;
* Michael R. Evans, 41, of Middlesboro, theft by failure to make required disposition of property over $500;
* James Daniels, 28, of Pineville, persistent felony offender.
Anthony Cloud can be reached at 606-248-1010, ext. 1125 or on Twitter @AnthonyCloudMDN.