A man accused of holding a female captive and beating her was arrested on Monday by the Bell County Sheriff’s Department.
Scott Douglas McGeorge Sr., 39, of Pineville, was arrested by Deputy Joel Quillen and charged with second-degree assault (domestic violence) and first-degree unlawful imprisonment.
According to the arrest citation, the sheriff’s department received a welfare check call at a residence on Bird Branch Road. A woman opened the door and took officers to the alleged victim.
The citation states the victim had multiple red marks and bruising on her face, back, neck, arms and feet. The victim said she was held captive by the accused for about two days. She also alleged McGeorge beat and choked her and bound her arms with Duct tape.
Police say the female was taken to Middlesboro ARH Hospital and treated for fractures.
McGeorge was also charged with second-degree cruelty to animals for allegedly kicking a dog during the incident. He is being held in the Bell County Detention Center.
According to the Bell County Detention Center website, McGeorge was previously arrested in November on a fourth-degree assault charge.
On Saturday, Deputy Jared Smith arrested Randy Akers, 34, of Middlesboro, and charged him with two counts of first-degree wanton endangerment and second-degree burglary.
According to the arrest citation, the sheriff’s department received a complaint that Akers had broken into a residence on Little Creek Road in Beverly and stolen an Xbox and accessories.
The citation states when police made contact with Akers he had Xbox cables and controllers on his four-wheeler. He also had a male juvenile on the vehicle with him and almost struck another juvenile with his four-wheeler.
Akers was also charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence, third-degree criminal mischief, five counts of third-degree terroristic threatening and was served a bench warrant.
Akers was being held at the detention center.
Others arrested recently include:
• Lula Marie Warren, 24, of Tazewell, Tenn., first-degree possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia;
• James A. Reeves, 34, of Owensboro, first-degree possession of a controlled substance and served four bench warrants;
• Angelica Dawn Langley, 32, of Jonesville, Va., first- and second-degree possession of a controlled substance, being a fugitive and illegal possession of a legend drug;
• Richard Michael Fore, 46, of Jonesville, Va., first- and second-degree possession of a controlled substance, driving on DUI suspended license and operating a motor vehicle under the influence;
• John Carson Campbell, 27, of Homosassa, Fla., two counts of first-degree trafficking a controlled substance.
Anthony Cloud can be contacted at 606-302-9090 or on Twitter @AnthonyCloudMDN.