An evening of pageantry and style will be presented on the stage of the Godbey Appalachian Center on the Cumberland campus of Southeast Kentucky Community & Technical College when coeds from each of the five campuses vie for the title of Miss Southeast.
The Miss Southeast Scholarship Pageant will held Feb. 8, beginning at 6:30 p.m. with the winner to receive a one-semester scholarship valued at $1,000.
Furthermore, contestants are required to enter the talent phase of the pageant. Contestants will be judged on appearance, poise, manners, cooperativeness as well as talent. The winner of the Miss Southeast Scholarship Pageant will represent Southeast at the Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival slated for the Memorial Day weekend.
Pageant applications are available at any SKCTC admissions office.
The deadline to enter is Jan. 31.
- Single, never married, no children.
- Cumulative GPA 2.5 or better.
- Must attend practice on Feb. 7 at noon —with your heels on the Cumberland campus. You must attend practice, with music or any equipment needed for your talent in order for sound checks, etc., or you will not be eligible to participate in pageant.
- Enrolled for 12 hours or more.
- Must enter the talent phase.
The winner will receive a $1,000 tuition scholarship for one semester and represent SKCTC at the Mountain Laurel Festival in May.
Vera “Cookie” Baldwin, long-time event coordinator, noted how the event has grown into a “special” evening for all who participate and for those who attend. “The show is an event we eagerly look forward to staging each year. We invite the community to come out for what is traditionally a delightful evening of entertainment,” she said.