A Midlesboro man was arrested on Tuesday after allegedly having six marijuana plants in front of his apartment.
Lonnie J. Rogers (Flannery), 36, was arrested by Middlesboro Sgt. Joe Holder and charged with cultivating marijuana (five plants or more), possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
According to the arrest citation, as the result of a search, baggies of marijuana were found inside the residence, along with a glass smoking bowl. He was arrested in Cumberland Village.
Rogers was lodged in the Bell County Detention Center.
In other police news, April Dawn Underwood, 34, of Middlesboro was arrested after allegedly shoplifting from Walmart. She was charged with theft by unlawful taking over $500.
According to the citation, Underwood attempted to shoplift $1,277.36 worth of merchandise from the store. She was witnessed by Walmart Loss Prevention walking past all points of sale, according to the citation.
Underwood was later charged with two counts of third-degree assault (inmate on corrections employee). She was lodged in the detention center.
Other recent arrests include:
• Larry Dewayne Marlow, 29, of Middlesboro, first-degree possession of a controlled substance;
• Rebecca Ann Bass, 25, of Pineville, operating a motor vehicle under the influence, failure of owner to maintain required insurance, three counts of second-degree wanton endangerment, two counts of first-degree criminal abuse (child 12 or under);
• Samantha Lynn Wilder, 49, Middlesboro, theft of identity of another without consent;
• Curtis L. Ogan, 25, of Arjay, intimidating a participant in a legal process;
• Ralph Nichols, 49, of Middlesboro, theft of identity of another without consent, second-degree possession of a controlled substance, served a bench warrant;
• Trent Wayne Mason, 30, of Middlesboro, second-degree assault, second-degree criminal trespass, second-degree disorderly conduct, alcohol intoxication in a public place;
• Dashanna Lashaye Flannary, 22, of Middlesboro, theft by unlawful taking, served a bench warrant.
Anthony Cloud can be contacted at 606-302-9090 or on Twitter @AnthonyCloudMDN.