Quantcast


Last updated: June 13. 2014 1:20AM - 422 Views
Reina P. Cunningham reinacunningham@civitasmedia.com



Radio personality Crow from Wild Country 105.1 presented Jade Robertson with a plaque for winning the Poke Sallet Idol contest.
Radio personality Crow from Wild Country 105.1 presented Jade Robertson with a plaque for winning the Poke Sallet Idol contest.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

Jade Robertson of Middlesboro walked away from the Poke Sallet Festival in Harlan a winner Saturday night.


Robertson had competed in the competition last year as well but did not make it to finals. When her name was announced as the winner after the Chris Janson performance, Robertson became overwhelmed as the crowd cheered.


“Thank you all so much,” said Robertson.


Earlier that day, Robertson had performed three songs for the judges and her fans.


Her finale performance included the songs “Baggage Claim” by Miranda Lambert, “Smile” by Sixx AM and “Blown Away” by Carrie Underwood.


The judges vote accounted for 75 percent of the vote and fans could text their vote for the other 25 percent. Officials said there were more text votes than ever before and that those votes did make a difference into who made it to the finale.


In addition to receiving a plaque to commemorate the event, Robertson also walked away with a check for $1,000.


After being announced as winner, Robertson performed an encore of “Blown Away” and again thanked the crowd for their support.


Robertson will be performing today at Kidzfest at 2 p.m.


Reina P. Cunningham may be reached at 606-302-9100.


Comments
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Middlesboro Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com