Bell Co. Chamber Awards Ceremony and Dinner
The Bell County Chamber of Commerce hosted their annual awards ceremony and dinner Friday evening at Pine Mountain State Park.
Chairman of the Board, Travis Moody hosted the event and assisted Executive Director Sheila Durham during the presentation of awards.
The 2019 Bell County Chamber of Commerce award winners are as follows:
• Outstanding Contribution – John Day;
• Community Development – Bell Whitley, CAA;
• Young Entrepreneur – David Whitlock;
• New Business – Happy Hearts;
• Volunteer of the Year – Nina Shoemaker;
• Leadership – Russell Thompson;
• Businessman of the Year – Alex Cook;
• Businesswoman of the Year – Kim Taylor;
• Business of the Year – Beacon of Light Chiropractic.
Doug Bayless of Vets Serving Vets presented the first annual First Responder of the Year Award to Chris Webb. Magistrate Glen Webb accepted the award on behalf of his son who could not be there due to a prior commitment.
The 2019 chamber officers and staff include Richard Smith, president; Crystal Flanagan, president-elect; Chandler Nelson, secretary; Becky Hensley, treasurer; Travis Moody, chairman; Sheila Durham, executive director.
The next big event coming up for the Bell County Chamber of Commerce is Leadership Bell County, which is now accepting applications. If you would like to apply to be a part of Leadership Bell County, you can go online at www.bellcountychamber.net.